Yamaha, the most trusted brand in home audio, adds Bluetooth® compatibility in this Hi-Fi receiver for easy wireless access to streaming music services and music on your smartphone or other devices. Enjoy the connectivity and the outstanding and legendary quality of Yamaha natural sound.
Heritage of Technical Expertise
- Rooted in technology and expertise. The R-S202 was created from years of experience and technological expertise in receiver design. With a music heritage that runs over 125 years deep, our passion and reputation for Hi-Fi was born from the music side and extended into electronics. The concept of natural sound is based on reproducing music as it would be experienced live. Built with scrupulous care from the circuit design to basic sound reproduction, the R-S202 reproduces high-quality, musically-rich sound for the entry level consumer.
- Never peak. The R-S202, with two channels of 100 W high-power output* that are above its class, has a high-quality sound design that minimizes the length of signal routes and optimizes the circuit layout. Positioning the power transformer near the amp circuit reduces power loss while improving peak power supply capacity to enable high volume output. The signal ground and power supply ground connect at one point, eliminating mutual interference to achieve a higher S/N ratio. The result is sound clarity stripped of noise and other signals.
- 8 ohms, 40 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2% THD
Bluetooth® to Streaming Music Services
- Connect wirelessly. The R-S202 provides Bluetooth functionality to let you enjoy streaming music from smart phones and other devices. Use your device to select the songs from your library and hear them with the legendary quality of Yamaha sound.
40 Station AM/FM Preset Tuning
- All your stations. Register up to 40 favorite FM and AM stations, then conveniently select them from either the receiver or the remote control. Auto preset lets you automatically search for and register FM stations. Frequencies appear on the display, so when you want to listen to a new station, you can quickly and easily dial it in.
Simple and Sophisticated Design
- Less is more. The R-S202 inherits the simple, sophisticated design style for which Yamaha Hi-Fi audio is famous. With an elegant brushed finish, it harmonizes beautifully with other audio equipment. The Yamaha commitment to beauty and sophistication are demonstrated in the finish and ease of control, giving the user a premium audio experience.
- Check one, two. Equipped with speaker terminals for two systems, this receiver lets you connect two sets of speakers. The speaker selector makes it easy to switch between outputs, allowing you to hear the sound from one speaker system (A or B) or both (A+B). Try the Yamaha NS-6490 bookshelf speakers and the YST-SW216 powered subwoofer with the R-S202 for an ultimate stereo system.
- Go Green. A power management function automatically switches to standby mode. It can be set to two, four, eight or 12 hours or turned off. Power consumption during standby is only 0.5 W, achieving good energy saving performance.
Other Notable Features
- Simple remote control layout
- Headphone terminal
Analog Audio(RCA) Input 4 Color Black Headset Jack Yes Impedance 8 ohms Maximum Power Handling 280 Power Off Consumption (watts) 0.5 Watts Remote Control Type 1 IR Remote Control Speaker A/B Switching Yes Station Presets 40 Total Harmonic Distortion 0.2 Tuning Presets Yes Volume Control Yes AM/FM Tuner Built-In Yes Analog Audio(RCA) Output 1 Bluetooth Yes Depth 12.63 in. Height 5.5 in. Signal to Noise Ratio 100 dB Width 17.13 in.