Audiophile Sound, Exquisite Design
- The WXC-50 features a solid metal body with an aluminum cover and a slim, compact design that fits just about anywhere. Under the hood, you’ll find high-performance components and advanced circuitry that deliver powerful, sonically-pure preamplification.
Control at Your Fingertips
- Connect the WXC-50 to your existing AV receiver or Hi-Fi system, then download the free MusicCast app to connect it to your existing home Wi-Fi to create a powerful streaming audio system.
- Quickly select sources, browse your music library and control playback right from your smartphone or tablet. You can also control sound EQ settings from the app.
Access all your music with a simple app and wirelessly stream it throughout your home using your existing Wi-Fi® network.
- Stream it all. Listen to Pandora®, Spotify, Napster®, SiriusXM Internet Radio, thousands of free internet radio stations and the music stored on your smart devices and computers.
- Wireless connectivity. All MusicCast products are fully loaded with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirPlay®.
- Expand to a whole home audio experience. When you’re ready, add MusicCast wireless speakers, sound bars or other devices in up to 9 other rooms and listen throughout your home.
- No wires, easy installation. By using MusicCast, you don't need to fuss with placing wires through walls into other rooms.
Bluetooth® and AirPlay®
- Stream virtually any audio source via Bluetooth as an input to the WXC-50. Bluetooth sources can be redistributed through Wi-Fi to other MusicCast devices. Or stream using AirPlay from an Apple® device to a single unit.
Slim, Compact Design
- Only 2" tall and 8-3/8" wide, it can be placed horizontally or vertically, allowing it to fit neatly in almost any space.
Rack Shelf Friendly
- With the feet removed, the WXC-50 is only 1-5/8" high, allowing it to be placed on a rack shelf within a 1U high rack space. Two units can be placed side-by-side on a 19" wide shelf.
Superior Audio Technology
- Yamaha’s relentless pursuit of sonic purity is clear in the engineering of the WXC-50. The preamp circuitry uses the same high-performance ESS digital-to-analog converter (DAC) found in high-end Yamaha AV receivers and a proprietary power supply ground configuration prevents sound degradation. A 48-bit digital volume control provides much greater precision and quality than conventional controls. A highly-rigid metal chassis supplies the stability necessary for clear, powerful music reproduction.
- The WXC-50 supports high-resolution audio –including FLAC/WAV/AIFF up to 192 kHz/24-bit, Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96 kHz/24-bit and DSD up to 5.6 MHz – for more accurate reproduction of sonic details, presence and atmosphere.
Yamaha Proprietary Sound Processing
- The Compressed Music Enhancer greatly improves sound reproduction from smartphones or other compressed sources, like MP3 files. Volume-adaptive EQ automatically adjusts the bass/treble balance per the volume level. Advanced Bass Extension Processing provides a deeper, richer low-end sound — great for use with compact or in-wall speakers. Direct playback mode allows you to play back high-resolution audio sources just as they are, without any processing.
- If you want to adjust volume from a connected Hi-Fi amp or AV receiver, the WXC-50 allows you to turn off "preamp" mode and use the device as a network audio player. Switching to "player" mode bypasses the volume control and any processing, allowing direct playback of high-resolution audio.
- Pressing any button on the front panel turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source providing quick and easy access to your favorite music.
- The WXC-50 also comes with an ultra-slim remote offering six presets, so you can quickly access your favorite Internet radio stations even when your smartphone or tablet’s not handy.
Pro-Grade Connectivity and Control
The WXC-50 supports professional-grade features including:
- Wired Ethernet port
- Wireless off switch
- Optical and analog inputs
- Digital optical and coax outputs
- Subwoofer out
- Trigger in/out
- Remote in
Convenient Connectivity with Select Yamaha Hi-Fi Amplifiers
- The WXC-50 provides a convenient way to connect with select Yamaha Hi-Fi amplifiers that have main in and trigger inputs. When connected in the manner shown here, the Hi-Fi amplifier’s system power can be turned on and the volume can be controlled via the MusicCast app.
Low Power Consumption
- The WXC-50 consumes less than two watts of power in standby mode. When the power is on, power consumption is still a low 5 W, and even when used for long periods, power consumption is environmentally friendly. In addition, the Auto Power Standby feature lets you save energy by automatically turning the power off after two, four, eight or 12 hours.
Analog Audio(RCA) Input 1 Ethernet Port 1 iPod Ready Yes Optical Digital(Fiber Optic) Audio Inputs 1 Optical Digital(Fiber Optic) Audio Outputs 1 Power Off Consumption (watts) 1.8 Watts Satellite Radio Ready Yes USB Port 1 Airplay Yes Analog Audio(RCA) Output 1 Bluetooth Yes Depth 9.63 in. Height 4.88 in. Pandora Streaming Yes Signal to Noise Ratio 112 dB Width 8.38 in.