FeaturesImpressive high quality sound with a wide range of features and an elegant appearance. An integrated amplifier with the advantage of digital inputs.High Quality Circuit Design Based on the ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) Concept
High Quality Parts for Outstanding Audio Performance
- The amplifier design technology from Yamaha is called ToP-ART which features an input to output with a direct symmetrical design. ToP-ART design and ART Base ensure optimum sound when processing and transmitting the audio signal. The signal is simple and direct, therefore it is less likely to be affected by noise and distortion. The left and right channels are organized in a straight, symmetrical layout for the highest signal purity. In addition, the ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base bottom chassis and a solid center bar provide high rigidity support and dampers vibration. These design innovations contribute to this amplifier's rich audio reproduction with abundant musicality.
Created by Rich Experience, Tradition and High Technological Expertise
- Notice a custom made power transformer, custom made block capacitors, two direct signal path speaker relays, one point grounding system, extruded aluminum heat sinks and other top quality parts to effortlessly handle demanding audio conditions. The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of this component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested for their sound properties.
Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- Yamaha, with a long history of over 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for Hi-Fi components. The A-S701 is created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound” for reproducing all music as it really sounds, this amplifier is built with scrupulous care from its circuit design to basic sound production.
Continuous Variable Loudness Control
- The Pure Direct mode causes the audio signal to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp, the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
Gold Plated Terminals
- The A-S501 also features a new analog loudness control on the front panel that uses electronic volume for higher sound quality which lets you adjust the loudness effect as desired. Separate from the overall volume, this controls the balance of the low and high frequencies providing full tonal range at any volume level by compensating for the natural loss in the human ear at soft levels.
- Gold plated terminals ensure a high quality connection that prevents signal loss. The A-S801 has gold plated speaker and input terminals.
Digital Audio Input for TV and/or Blu-ray Disc™ Player
Connection for YBA-11 Bluetooth® Wireless Adapter (Optional Accessory)
- The A-S501 is equipped for digital audio inputs with an optical and digital coaxial input terminal. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain giving you pure, pristine and dynamic sound for all of your entertainment sources.
Speaker A, B or A+B Selection and Speaker Terminals for Two Systems
- With the YBA-11, you’ll be able to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth® compatible mobile phone or a PC. Thanks to the digital coaxial connection and the aptX® audio coding algorithm, you’ll enjoy wireless music streaming with optimum sound quality. You can also conveniently power the YBA-11 via the DC out connection on the rear panel of this amplifier.
- You can connect two separate speaker systems and hear them in different rooms at the same time. There are four terminals, so by just rotating a simple selector dial you can switch between the two pairs of speakers to play the selected source.
Phono MM Terminal
- A terminal for connecting a subwoofer is provided, allowing you to increase the bass output of your system for a more powerful sound with better overall sound quality.
Simple Yet Sophisticated Design
- You can connect a turntable with a MM phono cartridge to play vinyl records. Get the best of both worlds whether listening to analog vinyl or the latest digital technology.
Remote Control with Clean, Simple Design
- With a beautiful, simple and unique design inherited directly from Yamaha Hi-Fi audio components, this amplifier also boasts an easy to operate layout. The aluminum front panel has a richly textured silver hairline finish. The control knobs are also of the same luxurious construction as used on our top end models.
Rotary Encoder Input Selector with LEDs
- The clean, simple design of the remote control provides easy to understand “one handed” operation. The design makes it simple to adjust inputs, volumes and more. The unit has a sophisticated looking hairline finish that matches the design of the amplifiers. You can also use the remote to control a Yamaha CD player.
Auto Power Standby Function
- The rotary encoder makes it quick and easy to select input sources. The luxurious hairline finish offers a nice tactile feeling. LEDs clearly show which source is selected so you can easily switch sources, even in a dark room.
- When Auto Power Standby is engaged the amplifier will automatically shift itself into standby mode when a user function has not been executed in eight hours. This a great function if you forget to turn the amplifier off and it will help minimize power consumption when the unit is not in use.
Analog Audio(RCA) Input 8 Channels 2 Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs 1 Impedance 2-8 Ohms Optical Digital(Fiber Optic) Audio Inputs 1 Power Off Consumption (watts) 0.5 Watts Remote Control Type 1 IR Remote Control Watts per Channel 220 Watts Analog Audio(RCA) Output 2 Bluetooth Yes with Adapter (Sold Separately) Depth 15.25 in. Height 6 in. Shipping Weight 22.7 lbs. Signal to Noise Ratio 99 dB THD 0.019 Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms) 185 Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms) 150 Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms) 130 Width 17.13 in.
Product Manual Download