For music lovers who enjoy the tangible experience of playing a physical format, the CD retains its enduring appeal. The pleasure comes not just from browsing a collection of discs and reading the liner notes. It also comes from enjoying your music in superior fidelity. By combining high-quality components and decades of Onkyo audio know-how, the C-7030 CD player delivers a superb playback experience. The key lies in keeping the audio signal clean and free from interference, all the way to the output stage. To achieve this, we employ a new high-precision clock to dramatically reduce timing errors, along with our original VLSC to reduce pulse noise. Driving the system is a massive, custom-built transformer that provides a clean and stable power supply. Given how affordable the C-7030 is, build quality is exceptional. A 1/16? (1.6 mm)-thick flat chassis base helps reduce unwanted
vibrations, while the sleek aluminum front panel provides an elegant finish.
- The C-7030 boasts a precise clocking mechanism that controls and coordinates the timing of all digital signal processes—rather like how a conductor directs and coordinates the individual instruments of an orchestra. The C-7030 uses a state-of-the-art crystal oscillator that achieves a frequency deviation of ±10 ppm—much lower than with a conventional oscillator.
Fully Flat Anti-Vibration Chassis
- When it comes to parts and construction, it’s not in Onkyo’s DNA to cut any corners. The C-7030 is no exception. Build quality starts from the ground up with a highly rigid, 1/16? (1.6 mm)-thick, fully flat chassis that provides excellent protection against shelf-borne vibrations.
Wolfson® 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC
- A high-quality Wolfson digital-to-analog converter works to optimize audio performance on the C-7030. This DAC performs advanced 24-bit signal processing and supports sampling rates of up to 192 kHz, while displaying high resistance to clock jitter. With this DAC on board, the C-7030 delivers a pristine conversion of digital signals into analog audio output.
- Plays Audio CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 CD and WMA CD
- VLSC for Pulse Noise Reduction
- Custom-Designed Massive EI Transformer
- Precision Clock (+/- 10 ppm)
- Differential Headphone Amplifier Circuitry
- Optical and Digital Audio Outputs
- Solid Aluminum Front Panel
- 25-Track Memory Playback